With a range of commissioning schools and grants such as funding through the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund and Postcode Local Trust, a grant-giving charity funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, we have been able to deliver a range of Animal-Assisted Education and Therapeutic Horticulture programmes to primary school aged children and their families, offering early intervention where it is most needed.
Outcomes examples include;
- Facilitating healthier family relationships
- Improving concentration levels
- Growing self-confidence
- Building social skills, resilience and problem-solving abilities
- Developing aspiration for brighter futures across the community
- Increasing responsibility caring for others.
- Gaining greater awareness of how their behaviour affects others and themselves.